Discarded cigarette to blame for Thursday's condo fire in Bashfo - WDRB 41 Louisville News

Discarded cigarette to blame for Thursday's condo fire in Bashford Manor

Posted: Updated:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A "discarded cigarette" is to blame for a fire that caused major damage to several condos in Bashford Manor on Thursday afternoon.

Buechel Fire Department Chief Adam Jones says a cigarette was not properly put out on the balcony of one of the units on Donard Park Avenue. The flames then spread quickly due to windy conditions.

Officials say no residents or firefighters were injured. 

Related Stories:

Fire breaks out at apartment complex in Bashford Manor

Copyright 2016 WDRB Media. All rights reserved.

  • Sign Up for WDRB's Sports Newsletter

    * denotes required fields

    Thank you for signing up! You will receive a confirmation email shortly.
Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WDRB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.