Road closures released for KDF Marathon and miniMarathon
The race starts at 7:30 a.m. at Brook St. & Main St. River Road from Preston to Witherspoon Street will close Friday, April 28, 2017 at 9 a.m.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The following streets will be closed for the Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon and miniMarathon:
The race starts at 7:30 a.m. Saturday April 29, 2017 at Brook St. & Main St.
The below listed street will have NO PARKING from 7am on 4/28 to 4pm on 4/29.
- Preston Street – from Witherspoon Street to Main Street
The below listed street will be closed from 9am on 4/28 to 4pm on 4/29
- River Road – from Preston Street to Witherspoon Street
The below listed streets will be closed from 4am to 4pm on 4/29
- Main Street – from Jackson Street to Brook Street
- Preston Street – from Main Street to River Road
- Witherspoon Street – from Floyd Street to Clay Street
The following streets will be closed from 7am until 4pm on 4/29
- Official Start: Brook Street & Main Street
- Main Street – from Jackson Street to 20th Street
- 20th Street – from Main Street to Market Street
- Market Street from 20th Street to 15th Street
- Muhammad Ali – From 15th Street to 18th Street
- 18th Street – from Muhammad Ali to Broadway
- Broadway – from Dixie to 2nd Street
- 4th Street – from Broadway to Oakdale
- Park Avenue – from 4th Street to 6th Street
- 6th Street – from Park Avenue to Magnolia
- Magnolia – from 4th Street to 6th Street
- Central Avenue – from Taylor Blvd to 2nd Street
The following Streets will be closed from 6am until 4pm on 4/29.
- 3rd Street – from Central Avenue to Southern Parkway
- 3rd Street – from Central Avenue to Broadway
- 2nd Street – from Broadway to Main Street (New Marathon Course)
The following Streets will be closed from 7am until 4pm on 4/29.
- Southern Parkway – from 3rd St. to New Cut Road
- Iroquois Park (The Park will close at 6am)
- Taylor Blvd. – from Huntoon to Kenwood (Cross Traffic will be allowed)
The following Streets will be closed from 8am until 4pm on 4/29.
- Breckenridge Street – from 3rd to Barret Avenue
- Barret Avenue to Winter Avenue
- Winter to Baxter Avenue
- Baxter Avenue to Broadway
- Broadway to 3rd Street (North westbound lanes for runners) – Use two way traffic on south Eastbound Broadway.
- Broadway I-65N Ramp exit 136A will be shut down. Access to I-65N exit to 136B only.
Cross traffic will be allowed at all intersections, only when it will not affect the race.