Neighbors evacuated when New Hampshire man accidentally ignites - WDRB 41 Louisville News

Neighbors evacuated when New Hampshire man accidentally ignites trunk filled with fireworks

Posted: Updated:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A New Hampshire man sent neighbors running for cover when he accidentally set off fireworks inside his car over the weekend. 

Police say the man had a trunk filled with fireworks, and was standing by it with his 6-year-old daughter when he tried to light a sparkler on July 2. One of the sparks got into the trunk, ignited the other fireworks and caused an explosion.

Stunned neighbors were briefly evacuated. 

"The police got us out of the house," said one woman. "They wanted us out before anything catastrophic happened to the rest of us."

No one was hurt, but the car was totaled.

Copyright 2017 WDRB Media. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WDRB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.