Texas teen dies from using cellphone while taking a bath - WDRB 41 Louisville News

Texas teen dies from using cellphone while taking a bath

Posted: Updated:

LUBBOCK, Tx. (WDRB) -- A Texas teenager is dead, after using her cell phone while in a bathtub. 

The family of 14-year-old Madison Coe says the girl was electrocuted while taking a bath at her father's home in Lovington, New Mexico.

Relatives believe she may have been plugging in her phone or answered the phone while it was plugged in. 

“This is such a tragedy that doesn’t need to happen to anyone else,” said Coe's grandmother Donna O'Guinn.  She told KCBD “we want something good to come out of this as awareness of not using your cell phone in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging.”

Madison just graduated from the 8th grade.  She will be laid to rest on Saturday. 

Copyright 2017 WDRB Media. All Rights Reserved.

  • Sign Up for WDRB's Sports Newsletter

    * denotes required fields

    Thank you for signing up! You will receive a confirmation email shortly.
Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WDRB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.