Portland man arrested after allegedly stealing appliances from several east Louisville homes
Police say some of the stolen property was found at his home.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A man is facing several charges after police say he broke into several east Louisville homes and stole appliances.
According to an arrest report, 43-year-old Robert R. Borders, Jr. was arrested Monday afternoon at his home in Portland on Columbia Street, near N. 18th Street, after he confessed to breaking into several homes at new construction sites and stealing appliances.
Police say Borders admitted to the following crimes:
- Between July 1 and July 3, he allegedly took $2,490 worth of appliances from a home on in the 9900 block of Shining Willow Drive, off Shady Grove Road, without the owner's permission.
- Between July 6 and 10, he allegedly took $7,425 of appliances from new construction sites in the 2300 block of Arnold Palmer Drive, near Old Henry Road.
- On July 16, he allegedly took $5,500 worth of appliances from a home in the 6600 block of Nightingale Bluff Lane, south of Wolf Pen Branch Road and U.S. 42, without the owner's permission.
- On July 17, he allegedly took $5,000 worth of appliances from a home in the 15000 block of Beckley Crossing Drive, near N. Beckley Station Road, without the owner's permission.
- On July 28, he allegedly took $1,445 worth of property from a home in the 12000 block of Aiken Road, near Vale Road, without the owner's permission. Two days later, on July 30, he allegedly took another $3,905 worth of appliances from the same location without the owner's permission.
Police say some of the stolen property was found at Borders' home.
He is charged with five counts of burglary and two counts of theft by unlawful taking.
Borders is currently being held in Louisville Metro Corrections.
Copyright 2017 by WDRB News. All rights reserved.