U of L sends boxes of athletic gear to those recovering from Harvey in south Texas
The University of Louisville has joined with several major schools across the country in sending supplies to those in south Texas recovering from Hurricane Harvey.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The University of Louisville has joined with several major schools across the country in sending supplies to those in south Texas recovering from Hurricane Harvey.
Men's basketball Sports Information Director Kenny Klein tweeted Wednesday pictures of shoes and shirts boxed up to send to Houston from the U of L athletic department:
The University of Kentucky, Western Kentucky University and Northern Kentucky University have also sent boxes of gear to Texas. UK head basketball coach John Calipari said he plans to host a telethon for victims Sunday.
- CRAWFORD | Kentucky's Calipari responds quickly to Texas storm disaster
- Local fire and rescue crews preparing to be deployed to Houston
- MSD crews prepare for potential flooding from Harvey's heavy rain
- Several high school football games moved to Thursday because of weather concerns
- Kentucky Air National Guard sending 50 people to Houston to aid in Harvey recovery efforts
Copyright 2017 WDRB Media. All rights reserved.