Sunday marks 1 year since LMPD detective was hit and killed by alleged drunk driver
Jason Schweitzer was a detective in LMPD's 6th Division.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Sunday marks one year since an LMPD detective died after he was hit by an alleged drunk driver.
Jason Schweitzer was in Lexington in the early morning hours of October 29, 2016, when he was hit and killed by a woman who police say was driving drunk.
University of Kentucky employee Timothy Moore was also killed.
Police say Suzanne Whitlow had a blood alcohol level three times the legal limit. She is charged with manslaughter and DUI in connection with the deaths of Schweitzer and Moore.
Detective Schweitzer began working for the Jefferson County Police Department in November of 2001. He was a detective in LMPD's 6th Division.
- IMAGES | Hundreds attend funeral for LMPD Det. Jason Schweitzer
- Woman charged in deaths of LMPD officer and another man had finished DUI classes this month
- LMPD officers travel to Lexington to face DUI suspect accused of killing fellow officer
- Woman charged in DUI deaths of LMPD officer and another man wants alcohol blood test thrown out
- Wife of fallen LMPD officer says community's support has been 'beautiful'
Copyright 2017 WDRB News. All rights reserved.