New Albany Floyd County Schools names finalist for superintendent position
A public hearing will be held during the first board meeting of 2018 on Jan. 8 at 6 p.m.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- New Albany-Floyd County Schools has named a finalist in their search for a new district superintendent.
School board Vice President Lee Ann Wiseheart confirmed to WDRB that Dr. Brad Snyder is a finalist to become the district's next superintendent.
According to a notice posted to the district's website, a public hearing will be held during the Jan. 8 board meeting at 6 p.m., "for the purpose of discussing and receiving public input on a proposed superintendent contract between the Board of School Trustees and Brad Snyder."
Snyder has been serving as the district's interim superintendent since June, when former superintendent Bruce Hibbard was offered and accepted a new job as superintendent of the Franklin Township Community School Corporation near Indianapolis.
The school board later voted 7-0 to name Snyder as interim superintendent ahead of the 2017-2018 school year.
The board is expected to vote on the proposed contract for Snyder at the Jan. 29 board meeting at 6 p.m.
You can view a copy of that contract and the public meeting notice from NAFCS below.
- NAFC Superintendent Hibbard reportedly leaving the job
- New Albany Floyd County Schools superintendent leaving the district
- New Albany Floyd County Schools prepares to act fast in search for new superintendent
- New Albany Floyd County Schools unanimously names interim superintendent
- New interim superintendent for New Albany Floyd County Schools striving for 'business as usual'
- New Albany-Floyd County students return to class with an interim superintendent
Copyright 2017 WDRB Media. All rights reserved.