BOZICH | My weekly AP college basketball Top 25 ballot
Five teams from the Atlantic Coast Conference and Big 12, four from the Big Ten and three from the SEC headline Rick Bozich's weekly AP college basketball Top 25 ballot.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) — Last week I turned my Associated Press college basketball Top 25 ballot upside down. Seemed as if everybody lost.
This week I put my Sharpie away. Everybody won.
On to my ballot:
1. Villanova (16-1) — Nova plays Georgetown and UConn this week. That used to be Must See TV. Even John Thompson and Jim Calhoun don’t live there any more.
2. Purdue (17-2) — I was one of two voters who had the Boilermakers ranked second last week. I doubt it’s that way today.
3. Virginia (16-1) — The Cavaliers should not be in danger until they visit Duke Jan. 27.
4. West Virginia (15-2) — Nothing terrible about a one-point loss at Texas Tech — and Bob Huggins’ team goes prime-time with Kansas tonight.
5. Wichita State (15-2) — The move from the Missouri Valley to the American Athletic Conference has not shaken the Shockers.
6. Texas Tech (15-2) — Fran Fraschilla told me the Red Raiders are Elite Eight or Final Four good.
7. Duke (15-2) — Still No. 87 in defensive efficiency. Won’t work in March.
8. Oklahoma (14-2) — Trae Young and Lon Kruger remains a potent one-two punch.
9. Kansas (14-3) — Do the Jayhawks have all their guys yet? Got tired of asking.
10. Cincinnati (15-2) — Mick Cronin had Rick Pitino talk to his team before the Bearcats beat USF by 23 Saturday.
11. Michigan State (16-3) — Poor Indiana. The Hoosiers get the Spartans Friday in MSU’s first game after losing to Ohio State and Michigan and needing overtime to beat Rutgers.
12. Gonzaga (15-3) — Gonzaga is forever.
13. Arizona State (14-3) — Shaky week in Tempe. Lost to Oregon. Nearly lost to Oregon State.
14. Xavier (16-3) — There’s a gap between Villanova and the X-Men — a 24-point gap.
15. UNC (14-4) — Fortunate to beat Notre Dame.
16. Kentucky (14-3) — Two SEC road wins already.
17. Auburn (16-1) — What are your thoughts on Bruce Pearl?
18. Clemson (15-2) — Show Me game for the Tigers Tuesday at UNC, where they have never won.
19. Arizona (14-4) — Ken Pomeroy has the Wildcats favored in their next eight.
20. TCU (13-4) — Overtime losses at Texas and Oklahoma that could have been wins.
21. Seton Hall (15-3) — Losing to Marquette by 20 was the Pirates’ worst performance this season.
22. Ohio State (15-4) — If the Buckeyes don’t make the Top 25 this week, voters are not paying attention.
23. Tennessee (12-4) — Winnable road games with Missouri and South Carolina this week.
24. Miami (13-3) — Duke at home in lovely Coral Gables tonight. Wish you were there? Me, too.
25. Michigan (15-4) — That 10-point win over Michigan State was in East Lansing, not Ann Arbor.
Copyright 2018 WDRB Media. All Rights Reserved.