Dequante Hobbs' friends and family celebrate what would have been his 8th birthday
A birthday celebration was held for Dequante Hobbs on Friday night at Altitude Trampoline Park on what would have been his eighth birthday.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A birthday celebration was held for Dequante Hobbs on Friday night at Altitude Trampoline Park on what would have been his eighth birthday.
Dequante was killed by a stray bullet last summer while sitting at his kitchen table. His mom said her little boy loved coming to the park every week and that she's not going to stop celebrating his life just because he's no longer here.
"We're in one of his favorite spots, and I actually made him a promise that I was going to do his birthday here," Micheshia Norment said. "So I kept that promise."
Norment added that Dequante would have wanted everyone to have fun on his birthday.
- Dequante Hobbs' mother on man charged in son's murder: 'He deserves life without the possibility of parole'
- Louisville 7-year-old shot and killed by stray bullet to be honored at rally hundreds of miles away
- On first holiday without him, family remembers Dequante Hobbs with fireworks
- Police say 7-year-old killed by stray bullet while sitting at kitchen table
- 7-year-old shot through his kitchen window in Louisville laid to rest
Copyright 2018 WDRB Media. All rights reserved.