3 men sentenced in connection with murder of teen at Louisville park
Ryan Higdon, age 19, was shot in the face during a robbery at Riverview Park in May 2016.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Three men who pleaded guilty to the murder of a teenager at a Louisville park were sentenced Friday to 10 years in prison.
Ryan Higdon, 19, was shot in the face during a robbery at Riverview Park in May 2016. Police found his body inside a car at the Greenwood Boat Docks.
"You guys have really ruined your lives," Richard Higdon, the victim's father, told the three suspects.
Three of the men involved, Ke'Montrae Davis, Theodric Hayes and Kevin Grover, pleaded guilty to facilitation to murder and facilitation to armed robbery charges and were sentenced to 10 years in prison.
"I would like to apologize to the family," Grover said. "I understand that they lost a life"
Judge Angela Bisig also decided the men should not be eligible for probation.
"For justice to be done, there has got to be a punishment, even of individuals with great potential," Bisig said.
A fourth man, Ja'lyn Wells, admitted he shot Higdon and has already been sentenced to 20 years behind bars. All the men have been in custody for almost two years. They will receive credit for the time they've served.
- Man found shot to death in Riverview Park
- Teenager arrested in connection with Sunday's homicide in Riverview Park
- City leaders hope programs will help curb violence during long, hot summer
- Three indicted in connection with murder of teen in Riverview Park
- Louisville man accused in teen's murder appears in court
- Clarksville High School student arrested during class on murder, robbery charges
- Clarksville High School student arrested for murder appears in juvenile court
- Clarksville HS student pleads not guilty to murder, robbery
- Man convicted of shooting victim to death at Riverview Park receives 20-year prison sentence
Copyright 2018 by WDRB News. All rights reserved.