Accused drunk driver charged with killing Colts player, Uber driver, wants confession thrown out
His attorney says officers failed to read 37-year-old Manuel Orrego-Savala his rights after the February 4th crash.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The accused drunk driver charged with killing an Indianapolis Colts player and an Uber driver wants his confession thrown out.
His attorney says officers failed to read 37-year-old Manuel Orrego-Savala his rights after the Feb. 4 crash.
He faces four felony charges for the crash that killed linebacker Edwin Jackson and his Uber driver, Jeffrey Monroe.
Prosecutors say Orrego-Savala's blood-alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit.
Authorities say he was in the country illegally at the time of the crash after being deported twice.
- Colts player among 2 killed by suspected drunk driver in Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Colts' Edwin Jackson, another man killed in suspected DUI crash
- President Trump tweets about Indianapolis Colts player killed by suspected drunk driver
- Man accused of hitting, killing Colts linebacker says he wasn't behind the wheel
- Wife of Uber driver killed by alleged drunk driver not surprised he died helping Colts linebacker
- Suspect charged in DUI death of Indianapolis Colts player, Uber driver appears in court
- Funeral held for Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson
Copyright 2018 by WDRB News. All rights reserved.