Hundreds honor fallen Indiana sheriff's deputy Jacob Pickett
The 34-year-old married father of two was shot last week by a suspect accused of trying to get away from police.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Hundreds of officers honored a fallen Indiana sheriff's deputy on Friday.
Over 1,000 people packed a Brownsburg, Indiana, church on Friday to say goodbye to Boone County Sheriff's Deputy Jacob Pickett.
The 34-year-old married father of two was shot last week by a suspect accused of trying to get away from police. He died Monday after being kept on life support to donate his organs.
The sheriff and several officers spoke at his funeral.
Pickett oversaw the department's K-9 team. During his funeral, a K-9 procession walked past his casket to pay respects.
A 52-mile procession was planned to take Pickett to his final resting place in Indianapolis, with people lining the route to pay their respects.
- Indiana sheriff's deputy dies after being shot Friday during a foot chase
- Indiana deputy shot in head during chase honored at memorial
- Sheriff: fatally wounded deputy's loss will be felt forever
- Community memorializes vehicle belonging to fallen Indiana sheriff's deputy
- Funeral for fallen Boone County, Ind. sheriff's deputy to be held Friday
- Suspect accused of killing Indiana sheriff's deputy says he has 'no remorse'
Copyright 2018 by WDRB News. All rights reserved.