Ky. Gov. Matt Bevin posts video about teachers' pension system
The governor has a message for current and retired state workers, specifically teachers.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Governor Matt Bevin has a message for current and retired state workers, specifically teachers.
In a video posted Saturday to YouTube, Bevin says the teacher's pension system needs structural saving.
He also says the issue is personal to him, because his grandmother was a public school teacher.
Bevin ended the video by pressing viewers to reach out to their legislators and urge them to work toward saving the system.
Last week, Bevin came under fire for comments he made about teachers who oppose the pension reform bill. In a radio interview, he called teachers who are not willing to accept reductions in benefits "selfish."
- Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin says teachers protesting pension bill are misinformed
- Bevin administration sues to keep pension plan analysis private
- Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin releases plan he says will fix state pension system
- GOP lawmakers unveil new plan to fix Kentucky's pension system
- Teachers rally outside Kentucky capitol protesting 'abhorrent' pension plan
- Kentucky House and Senate leaders say new pension bill will be tweaked
Copyright 2018 WDRB News. All rights reserved.