Celebrity guest list released for Kentucky Derby Festival Pegasus Parade
The list includes actors, athletes, champions, pageant winners and tv stars.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- From athletes to actors, celebrities will take part in the Kentucky Derby Festival's 63rd Pegasus Parade this year.
The Louisville City FC 2017 USL Championship Team and the Kentucky Colonels will be honorary grand marshals for the march down Broadway. They join previously-announced grand marshals Denny Crum and Joe B. Hall.
The Kentucky Colonels are also celebrating the 50th anniversary of the franchise. Members from all nine Colonels teams and members of the 1975 championship team will be in town Derby week.
They will hold an autograph signing session Tuesday, May 1 at the Pegasus Parade Preview from 6 to 8 p.m. in the South Wing C of the Kentucky Expo Center.
The Festival hosts many celebrity guests taking part in the Pegasus Parade that will also be at Celebrity Day at Churchill Downs the same day.
Among the celebrities coming to town:
- Brittany Cartwright and Jax Taylor of of Bravo TV's "Vanderpump Rules"/Jax and Brittany Take Kentucky
- Louisville City FC Team Members
- Blair Underwood - Actor and Emmy winner currently starring on Quantico
- Monte Durham - Say Yes To The Dress: Atlanta
- Montel Williams - American television personality, radio talk show host, and actor.
- Robert Williamson, III - Celebrity Poker Player
- Jason Smith of Food Network
- JD Shelburne - Nashville Recording Artist
- Miss Kentucky 2017 Molly Matney
- Miss America 2018 Cara Mund
The parade is at 5 p.m. on Thursday, May 3. This year's theme is #ThrowbackThursday.
Tickets for the parade are still available online at KDF.org. Ticket prices are $10 for bleacher seats and $12 for chair seating.
The Pegasus Parade is the oldest Kentucky Derby Festival event, having started in 1956 with a budget of just $640. The Festival says the parade today contributes $22 million to the local economy.
Copyright 2018 WDRB Media. All Rights Reserved.