Employee at Mark's Feed Store and Panera locations in Louisville diagnosed with hepatitis A
Employees at two more Louisville restaurants have been diagnosed with hepatitis A.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Employees at two more Louisville restaurants have been diagnosed with hepatitis A.
The Louisville Metro Department of Public Health and Wellness said an employee at both the Mark's Feed Store at 11422 Shelbyville Road and the Panera at 1801 Rudy Lane tested positive.
Customers who ate at that Mark's Feed Store location from April 13-27 could have been exposed to hepatitis A. Those who ate at that Panera location between April 12-28 could have been exposed.
"When a food service worker is diagnosed with hepatitis A, he or she is immediately excluded from work and not allowed to return without release from his or her medical provider," the health department said in a news release. "Additionally, all employees at the establishment are vaccinated and disinfection and sanitation practices are followed."
While this is the 13th restaurant in Kentuckiana to have an employee diagnosed with the virus, the health department said the hepatitis A outbreak is still "remains centered" among the homeless and those who use drugs.
The health department said Tuesday that nearly 24,000 people in Louisville have been vaccinated for hepatitis A. More than 300, however, have been diagnosed with it.
Symptoms of the virus include, fatigue, decreased appetite, stomach pain, nausea, darkened urine, pale stools and jaundice (yellowing of the skin and eyes). For more information about hepatitis A, click here.
- 11 businesses in Louisville and southern Indiana impacted by employees diagnosed with hepatitis A
- Louisville doctor answers 6 burning questions about the hepatitis A outbreak
- Employee of New Albany restaurant diagnosed with hepatitis A
- Amid a hepatitis A outbreak, health concerns loom ahead of Thunder Over Louisville
- Kentucky health department recommends hepatitis A vaccinations for everyone in counties affected by outbreak
Copyright 2018 WDRB Media. All rights reserved.