Hundreds say final farewell to North Bullitt high student
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A hero's sendoff as hundreds said a final farewell to a local teen.
Funeral services were held Saturday for 17-year-old Jesse Schott. He died Monday after his third bout with brain cancer.
Ladder trucks draped a large flag as a long procession of mourners made their way to Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church in Louisville.
Officers saluted as the teen's flag-draped casket passed.
Friends and family say Schott was the heart and soul of North Bullitt High School's Junior ROTC program.
- North Bullitt High student dies after third battle with brain cancer
- North Bullitt High School JROTC student marches on, facing a third battle with brain cancer
- North Bullitt High School JROTC student battling brain cancer made honorary member of Kentucky National Guard
- North Bullitt High School student competes in drill meet after learning his cancer has spread
- North Bullitt High School student battling brain cancer commands color guard at first home football game
Copyright 2018 WDRB Media. All rights reserved.