Kentucky Center reopens parking garage after fire
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The Kentucky Center continues to make progress weeks after the building was damaged in a fire.
On Monday, the center announced that its parking garage had re-opened to the public.
The announcement, which was posted to social media, noted that the elevators inside the parking garage still aren't working.
The fire took place in June. Since then, crews have been cleaning up the mess from water and smoke -- but there is still work to do, and the building remains closed to the public.
The Kentucky Center is expected to make additional announcements soon about when shows will resume.
- IMAGES | Fire damages Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts
- IMAGES | Kentucky Center remains closed as crews assess damage from fire
- IMAGES | Kentucky Center offers first look inside at fire damage
- Kentucky Center to remain closed June 17 and 18 due to fire
- Famed sculpture not damaged in Kentucky Center fire
- Fire damage forces Kentucky Center to cancel production of 'Waitress'
- Louisville Orchestra reschedules July 'Harry Potter' performances at Kentucky Center
- Kentucky Center employees return to the building Monday
- Kentucky Center still at least a month from re-opening
Copyright 2018 by WDRB News. All rights reserved.