JCPS releases Back-to-School Checklist
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Students return to class at Jefferson County Public Schools on August 15.
The district has released the annual JCPS back to school checklist to help families prepare:
- Have you registered your child or verified his or her school assignment? Call 485-6250 if you need to find out which school your child will attend or what documents you will need in order to register.
- Do you know what time school starts for your child? At most JCPS elementary schools, the hours are 9:05 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. At most middle and high schools, hours are 7:40 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
- Have you confirmed your child's transportation arrangements? If your child is walking or biking, have you discussed safety precautions regarding traffic and strangers? If your child is riding a bus, have you talked about safety issues and behavior expectations?
- Have you checked with the school about the supplies your child will need?
- Do you know if your child's school has a dress code? Will your child need different clothes for physical education or art classes?
- Have you filled out health, emergency contact, and other forms that have been sent home?
- Has your child developed any health problems during the summer that will affect his or her school day? If so, have you notified school staff?
- If your child needs to take medication at school, have you made arrangements?
- Have you established an earlier bedtime to help your child get back on a school schedule?
- Have you talked to your child about starting the new school year with a positive outlook and a commitment to doing his or her rest?
- Have you signed up with the district's School Messenger alert system so you will receive emergency notifications and other important information?
The back-to-school checklist is also available online here.
Copyright 2018 WDRB Media. All Rights Reserved.