Banner honoring Triple Crown winner Justify installed at Ky. Derby Museum
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Triple Crown Winner Justify has taken his spot in history at the Kentucky Derby Museum.
On Wednesday morning, a banner was raised in honor of Justify's historic Triple Crown win. It now hangs in the museum's Great Hall.
The banner features the WinStar Farm silks, which jockey Mike Smith wore when he won this year's Kentucky Derby.
"There was so many firsts for Justify. You know, broke the curse of Apollo, numerous other things and he had such a great career in such a short time. So we couldn't be more excited to celebrate that legacy here at the museum," said Patrick Armstrong, president of the Kentucky Derby Museum.
This marks the 13th Triple Crown banner raised at the museum.
Armstrong says there will be more "Justify things" happening at the Museum later this year.
The horse is now retired at Winstar Farms outside Versailles.
- CRAWFORD | Out for August, Justify's return now a longshot
- CRAWFORD | Triple Crown winner Justify to take victory lap at Churchill Saturday
- CRAWFORD | After work, Baffert says Justify has "right stuff" for Triple Crown
- Undefeated Kentucky Derby 144 winner Justify returns to Churchill Downs after Preakness win
- CRAWFORD | Justify wins foggy, soggy Preakness, sets date with Triple Crown
- Justify wins 143rd Preakness Stakes, earning second jewel of the Triple Crown
- CRAWFORD IMAGES | Ten favorite Justify photos
Copyright 2018 WDRB News. All rights reserved.