Gov. Bevin wants to know: 'Should I Shave Or Should I Grow' My Facial Hair
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin wants to raise money to help the state's vulnerable children.
That's why he is asking Kentuckians to vote for how he styles his beard by making tax deductible contributions for a good cause - while having some fun.
Here's how it works:
Visit the Should I Shave Or Should I Grow website, then choose from several beard style options:
- The Samson (a continued full beard, inspired by the Old Testament judge)
- The Anchorman (a 1970s-style mustache, à la fictional newsman Ron Burgundy)
- The Fu Manchu (a horseshoe-shaped goatee, on frequent display during the 1980s)
- The Colonel (a Van Dyke beard, in homage to iconic poultry purveyor Col. Harland Sanders)
- The Clean Shave (the runaway favorite of most post 19th-century Commonwealth chief executives)
Then click on the "Vote Now" button and decide how much money you want to donate. The minimum donation is $1, and every dollar counts as one vote.
Voting will remain open through 11 a.m. on Oct. 10.
(Note: A 2.75 percent convenience fee will be collected on each transaction by website administrator Kentucky Interactive.)
Gov. Bevin explains it himself in a YouTube video.
Copyright 2018 WDRB Media. All rights reserved.