Accused 'Gnome thief' a no-show for court, now wanted again by Louisville police
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The so called "gnome thief" -- the man accused of stealing gnomes and other decorations from Louisville area yards -- is wanted by police again.
According to a social media post by the Louisville Metro Police Department, Barton Bishop did not show up for arraignment on Sept. 24. A bench warrant was issued for his arrest that same day.
Barton Bishop faces 67 charges of receipt of stolen property. Police say he's behind more than 50 thefts. He's accused of stealing plants, gnomes, patio furniture and more from homes in the Highlands neighborhood.
Bishop was arrested in Georgia in July.
Police are asking anyone who knows of Bishop's whereabouts to call the police anonymous tipline at (502) 574-LMPD.
- LMPD tracking thieves in the Highlands targeting gnomes, flower pots and yard items
- Video shows Highlands yard bandit stealing plant from porch
- Police suggest 3 ways to keep your house safe from plant- and gnome-nabbing thief
- IMAGES | Highlands yard theft suspect named, LMPD recovers stolen property
- 'Gnome bandit' suspect arrested at Georgia campground
Copyright 2018 by WDRB News. All rights reserved.