Police uncover alleged attack plot at two schools - WDRB 41 Louisville News

Police uncover alleged attack plot at two schools

Things were back to normal today in two Jefferson County schools after police uncovered an alleged plot to attack students at the schools.

The teens were arrested earlier this week for allegedly spray painting businesses in the area. But that's when Jeffersontown police discovered the alleged plot to attack students at Jeffersontown High School and Carrithers Middle School.

Marty Pollio, Jeffersontown High's principal, tells Fox 41's Stephan Johnson, "In all honesty, it has been business as usual."   And Pat Gausepohl, principal at Carrithers Middle, also says there hasn't been much concern there: "I think it's because of the safety precautions that we have in place."

That's despite an alleged plot by two teens to attack students at both schools.

Chief Rick Sanders of the Jeffersontown Police says, "One young man goes to Carrithers and the other goes to Jeffersontown High School."

A Jeffersontown police officer arrested the teens on Tuesday.  The chief explains, "They were acting rather suspiciously and he pulled up and was talking to them, and they had paint cans."

That's when police discovered the teens were allegedly plotting an attack on classmates:  "They talked about beating them up. They talked about how they could get weapons and possibly shoot them, but again, there was not specific plans as to how they were going to carry this out."

The teens claim the plot was in retaliation to being bullied.  But school officials don't believe that was the case with either student.  Principal Gausepohl says, "This child had never reported being bullied here at the school."  And Principal Pollio says it's, "pretty safe to say that I believe that that student hasn't faced any bullying or harassing here at Jeffersontown High School."

Meanwhile, principals at both schools addressed the issue with students and staff members first thing Thursday morning.  Principal Pollio says the intent was, "letting them know all of the measures that were taken to make sure the school is safe."

Thursday afternoon both schools sent letters home to parents explaining in detail exactly what happened.  Meanwhile, both students have been suspended for the remainder of the year.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WDRB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.