FOX41'S GUARANTEED IDOL AUDITION CONTEST AND RELEASE FORMS
Eligibility: Men and women 16-28 years old as of July 15, 2008, who are eligible to work in the U.S. Some restrictions apply. If you are less than 18 you must be accompanied to the audition by your parent or legal guardian. You are ineligible if you already have any type of talent representation or a recording contract. If you are an employee or family member of WDRB/Block Communications, sponsors of this contest you are not eligible.
Paperwork: You will be required to fill out, sign and agree to all of the terms and conditions in our required forms. Some of the forms will be available at the audition location. As you advance in the competition, you will be required to fill out, sign and agree to other contracts including without limitation, a talent management contract. If you are less than 18, both you and your parent or legal guardian must sign each of these forms, and you and your parent or legal guardian must agree that the forms may be court approved. If you are found to have given any false information, you may be disqualified.
The Process: Tune in to FOX IN THE MORNING and collect our three "Key Words" one on Friday, July 11, one on Monday, July 14 and one on Tuesday July15. Must be submitted on-line at www.fox41.com by 12pm EDT on July, 15, 2008. First 100 correct "Key Word" winners (that meet the American Idol requirements) will audition for FOX41'S Idol in the Morning.
Winner will receive a guaranteed audition in front of an American Idol producer, provided said winner complies with audition rules. This is for the American Idol Louisville audition held on July 21, 2008.
"In the event production of our FOX41"S Idol in the Morning or American idol is cancelled or postponed, the audition ticket portion of the prizing may be cancelled without substitution or compensation therfor."
NO WEAPONS, ALCOHOL OR NON-PRESCRIPTION CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES WILL BE PERMITTED AT ANY AUDITION OR DURING THE COMPETITION.
Disqualifications: We reserve the right to disqualify and/or exclude, in our sole and absolute discretion, any individual from any of the auditions for any reason, including without limitation, violation of any portion of these rules, or tampering with the entry process or the audition process. We also reserve the right to change the rules and procedures at any time. Being chosen to audition and/or compete at any level in the process does NOT ensure that you will be selected to continue to the next stage.
GENERAL CONDITIONS. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Producers, the voting audience, and the panel of judges, which shall be final and binding. We reserve the right to use the auditioning process for publicity and other purposes, and to use the name and likeness of those who audition and who arrive to audition, including friends, family or any other individual accompanying the participant, as part of that publicity and for other purposes, without compensation unless prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws apply. Dates are subject to change.
FOX41'S GUARANTEED IDOL AUDITION AGREEMENT AND RELEASE
As a condition to being auditioned for the currently entitled "FOX41'S IDOL IN THE MORNING", you hereby represent and warrant that the following statements are true and correct and that you agree to the terms and conditions contained herein:
1. You agree that you are entering into this agreement in consideration of Producer considering you for an audition for the Program and that the broadcast or other exploitation of the Program in which you appear, if any, and any exploitation of your name, voice, singing voice, likeness and biographical information, as the same may be edited, cut, rearranged, adapted, dubbed or otherwise revised, if applicable, by Producer, will not entitle you to receive any wages, benefits, fees or other compensation whatsoever.
2. You are16-28 years old as of July 15, 2008, who are eligible to work in the U.S. Some restrictions apply.
3. You do not currently have any type of talent representation nor are you currently a party to a recording contract, either alone or as a member of a group.
4. You are not, nor is any member of your immediate family or those living in your household, an employee, shareholder, officer, director, agent or representative of any person or entity connected with the production, administration or judging of the auditions or in any way connected with the Program.
5. You have not and will not enter into any commercial or other sponsorship agreement or arrangement with any person, firm or company with respect to your appearance on the Program, if any, without Producer's prior approval.
6. You agree to follow all of Producer's rules, directions and instructions in all matters relating to the Program (including during the interview, audition and contestant selection process), which rules are subject to change at Producer's sole discretion. You further agree that any and all prizes are subject to change at Producer's sole discretion. You will accept any and all decisions of Producer on discretionary matters (including but not limited to the audition process and contestant selection and all decisions relating thereto) as final and acknowledge that the interests of the Program shall override those of any participant. You agree that your selection as a contestant is within Producer's sole discretion and that Producer is not obligated to select you. If you are selected, you agree that Producer is not obligated to have you appear on, or to broadcast your appearance on, the Program and may disqualify you at any time in its sole discretion.
7. You understand and agree that if you advance in the competition, you may be required to fill out, sign and agree to other contracts, including without limitation, a talent management contract. If you are under 18 years of age, you understand and agree that both you and your parent or legal guardian must agree to sign each of the forms and that you and your parent or legal guardian will cooperate with Producer in having such forms court approved, if necessary.
8. You consent to Producer's filming, taping and/or recording of you, with or without your knowledge, for use in connection with the production and exploitation of the Program. You hereby grant to Producer, its assignees, licensees, agents and affiliates, the right in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, or for any other purpose, throughout the universe in perpetuity to use and reuse your appearance during all phases of the production of the Program (including but not limited to the interview and audition process), including but not limited to, the right to use your name, voice, singing voice, likeness and biographical information, in any manner whatsoever at Producer's sole discretion. You agree that the Program and any recordings or other reproductions thereof may be edited, cut, rearranged, adapted, dubbed or otherwise revised for any purposes, including, without limitation, your appearance, name, voice, singing voice, likeness and/or biographical material.
9. You understand that you may reveal, and other parties may reveal, information about you that is of a personal, private, embarrassing or unfavorable nature, which information may be factual and/or fictional. You further understand that your appearance, depiction and/or portrayal in the Program may be disparaging, defamatory, embarrassing or of an otherwise unfavorable nature which may expose you to public ridicule, humiliation or condemnation. You acknowledge and agree that Producer shall have the right to (a) include any or all such information and any or all such appearances, depictions or portrayals in the Program as edited by Producer in its sole discretion, and (b) to broadcast and otherwise exploit the Program containing any or all such information and any or all such appearances, depictions or portrayals in any manner whatsoever in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, or for any other purpose, throughout the universe in perpetuity.
10. You agree to be available and to participate, for no additional consideration, as, when and where Producer may require in connection with publicity, interviews and similar matters (for example, to appear on news shows, talk shows and other programs, and to make other appearances as required by Producer) in connection with the Program, in connection with other programs, and/or sponsors, when and where designated by Producer and/or Network in their discretion.
11. You hereby release Producer, its assignees, licensees, agents, and affiliates, Network, television broadcasting stations, sponsors, advertising agencies, and any and all others connected with the Program from any and all liability or claims arising out of or in any way resulting from your participation in the Program, including but not limited to the interview and audition process, and the use or reuse of your appearance, name, voice, singing voice, likeness and/or biographical information, and you agree not to make any claim against Producer or such other persons and/or entities connected with the Program as a result of your participation in the Program and in connection with any use or reuse of your appearance, name, voice, singing voice, likeness and/or biographical information (including, without limitation, any claim that such use invades any right of privacy and/or publicity).
12. You acknowledge that there is a possibility that after your execution of this agreement, you will discover facts or incur or suffer claims which were unknown or unsuspected at the time this agreement was executed and which, if known by you at that time, may have materially affected your decision to execute this agreement. You acknowledge and agree that by reason of this agreement, and the release contained in the preceding paragraph, you are assuming any risk of such unknown facts and such unknown and unsuspected claims. You have been advised of the existence of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code which provides:
13. You agree to indemnify Producer, Network, television broadcasting stations, sponsors, advertising agencies, and all other persons and/or entities connected with the Program and to hold Producer and such other persons and/or entities harmless from any and all liability, claim, action, damage, expense, and loss of any kind caused by or arising out of any statement, action or failure to act by you during or in connection with your participation on the Program.
14. You have truthfully and accurately completed this application form and the answers and information you have supplied are in no way untruthful, inaccurate or misleading. You acknowledge that Producer reserves the right, exercisable at any time at its sole discretion, to disqualify you from the competition or audition process should you at any stage supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and information, fail to abide by the rules or regulations of the Program, or otherwise breach the terms contained herein.
15. You agree that this Audition Agreement and Release shall be governed by the laws of the State of Kentucky for contracts entered into and wholly performed therein and the venue for any disputes shall be the state and federal courts located in Louisville, Kentucky.
FOX41'S GUARANTEED IDOL
CONTESTANT NUMBER: _____________________________
YOU AGREE TO THE CONDITIONS SET OUT ABOVE AND THAT ALL THE INFORMATION GIVEN IN THIS FORM MAY BE USED IN THE PROGRAM AT THE PRODUCER'S SOLE DISCRETION.
SIGNED: ____________________________________ ______________
PRINT NAME: ______________________________________________
EMAIL ADDRESS: ___________________________________________
MYSPACE OR WEBPAGE: _____________________________________
PHONE (DAYTIME) NO.________________________________________
CELL NUMBER: ______________________________________________
DATE OF BIRTH: _____________________________________________
IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING:
I CONSENT TO THE ABOVE NAMED PERSON APPLYING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AUDITION AGREEMENT AND RELEASE AND AGREE THAT ALL THE INFORMATION GIVEN IN THIS FORM MAY BE USED IN THE PROGRAM.
PRINT NAME: ________________________________(PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN)
SIGNED: _____________________________________ DATE: _________________________