LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Two longtime supporters of Bernheim Forest have pledged to block a proposed LG&E pipeline, and they're backing that pledge up with tens of thousands of dollars.
Gill and Augusta Holland said they will match any donation to Bernheim's Land Stewardship and Protection Fund up to $50,000.
The challenge continues until the money is raised.
LG&E said the pipeline is needed to serve new and expanded natural gas service in Bullitt County.
Bernheim Forest officials say the project will disrupt the park's land and streams.
- Bevin says Louisville bypass routes will spare Bernheim land
- About 200 march against LG&E pipeline planned near Bernheim Forest
- LG&E asks state to toss out Bernheim complaint over Bullitt County pipeline
- Bernheim: Complaint against LG&E Bullitt County pipeline should continue
- Bernheim Forest kicks off 'Under Threat Roadshow' to gain support
- Beshear wants broader investigation of LG&E Bullitt County pipeline
Copyright 2019 WDRB Media. All Rights Reserved.