LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Louisville is giving away hundreds of electric fans to seniors and people with disabilities.
To qualify for the Fan Fair Giveaway you must meet the following criteria:
- Person 60 years of age or older
- Or documentation verified by a physician of a disability
- Resident of Jefferson, Oldham, Henry, Shelby, Spencer, Trimble or Bullitt Counties
- Proof of address and age
- One fan per household
- Household must not have functional central air conditioning
Anyone interested can contact one of the sites below for instructions on how to receive a fan:
- First Neighborhood Place (40219); 502-313-4700
- Cane Run Neighborhood Place (40216); 502-485-6810
- South Central Neighborhood Place (40215); 502-485-7130
- Ujima Neighborhood Place (40211); 502-485-6710
- Northwest Neighborhood Place (40212); 502-574-5434
- South Jefferson Neighborhood Place (40258); 502-363-1424 (Fairdale); 485-7310 (Valley site)
- Bridges of Hope Neighborhood Place (40210); 502-634-6050
- KIPDA (40299); 502-266-5571
- Tri-County Community Action Agency (Henry County 502-845-7808; Oldham County 502-222-1349; and Trimble County 502- 255-7514)
- Multi-Purpose Community Action Agency (Shelby County 502-633-2218; Spencer County 502-477-8296; Bullitt County 502-543-3455)
Appointments are required in advance as most sites are temporarily closed for walk-ins due to COVID-19. Fans will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis.
Fan Fair is an annual event sponsored by KIPDA Area Agency on Aging and Independent Living and Louisville Metro Office for Aging & Disabled Citizens. This is the 5th year for the Fan Fair Giveaway.
Copyright 2020 WDRB Media. All Rights Reserved.