LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The man accused of stealing gnomes and other decorations from Louisville-area yards appeared before a judge Wednesday morning.
Barton Bishop faces charges including theft.
Police say he's behind more than 50 thefts. He's accused of stealing plants, gnomes, patio furniture and more from homes in the Highlands neighborhood.
He was arrested in Georgia earlier this month.
Jefferson District Judge Jennifer Wilcox entered a not-guilty plea on Bishop's behalf in court Wednesday morning and refused to lower his bond.
"Alright Mr. Bishop," Judge Wilcox said. "You've just got too much going on, okay? You've got a pending indictment for receipt of stolen property and then many, many charges resulting from all these actions. So I will keep the bond in place at this time for $5,500."
Bishop also has another theft case pending against him.
- LMPD tracking thieves in the Highlands targeting gnomes, flower pots and yard items
- Video shows Highlands yard bandit stealing plant from porch
- Police suggest 3 ways to keep your house safe from plant- and gnome-nabbing thief
- IMAGES | Highlands yard theft suspect named, LMPD recovers stolen property
- 'Gnome bandit' suspect arrested at Georgia campground
Copyright 2018 by WDRB News. All rights reserved.