LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Louisville Metro Police say there will be several road restrictions and no-parking areas in connection with the public memorial and procession that will be held for Muhammad Ali on Friday.
The public memorial is scheduled for Friday at 2 p.m. at the KFC Yum! Center.
Here are the no-parking and road restriction areas for the Muhammad Ali public memorial:
- Main Street - 1st to 4th Streets
- 3rd Street - River Road to Market Street
- 1st Street - Witherspoon Street to Main Street
- 3200 - 3300 block of Grand Avenue
- Washington Street from 6th Street to 7th Street
Police say the funeral procession will travel the following route and will be temporarily closed as the procession approaches. Officials say the exact timing of the closures will vary. The first closures are expected to be initiated between 9:30 a.m. and 10:15 a.m.
- Bardstown Road North from 4501 to the Watterson Expressway Westbound
- Watterson Expressway Westbound to I-65 Northbound
- I-65 Northbound to I-64 Westbound
- 9th Street - From I-64 to Muhammad Ali Boulevard
- Muhammad Ali Boulevard from 9th Street to 34th Street
- 34th Street from Muhammad Ali Boulevard to Grand Avenue
- Grand Avenue from 34th Street to 32nd Street
- 32nd Street from Grand Avenue to Broadway
- Broadway from 32nd Street to Cave Hill Cemetery entrance
Police say several other road closures are also expected:
- 2nd Street will be closed between River Road and Main Street at 10 a.m. and remain closed until around 6 p.m.
- 3rd Street will be closed between River Road and Main Street at 10 a.m. and remain closed until around 6 p.m.
- Main Street will be closed after the public memorial, at around 4 p.m. to facilitate the flow of traffic and pedestrians.
- 6th Street will be closed between River Road and Main Street at around 3 p.m. and will remain closed until mid-evening.
- Washington Street will be closed between 6th and 7th Streets at around 3 p.m. and will remain closed until mid-evening.
- Meters will be bagged as well on Washington Street according to above schedule, but traffic will be allowed to flow until 3 p.m. on Washington Street.
Police also say there will be no passenger pickups in these areas following the memorial. People attending the event are encouraged to use shuttle services.
Officials say taxis will be accessible on Market Street between 2nd and 3rd Streets.
- Order of events for Muhammad Ali's public memorial released
- U.S. Secret Service ready for Muhammad Ali memorial service
- Ali memorial service will stream live at Belvedere
- Friday's 19-mile procession represents final round for Muhammad Ali, 'The Champ'
- Jefferson Co. Driver's License branches, courts closing Friday for Ali public memorial
- Ali family: In lieu of flowers and gifts, help continue Muhammad Ali's legacy
- Hundreds of volunteers to clean up procession route for Muhammad Ali's final drive through Louisville
- SMITH | How Muhammad Ali made his Muslim pilgrimage
Copyright 2016 WDRB News. All rights reserved.