LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The General George Patton Museum is preparing to close for approximately six months, according to a news release from Fort Knox.
The museum will close, beginning on Nov. 1, so that several renovations can be completed.
- A new roof
- A new HVAC system
- The repaving and widening of the sidewalk between the parking lot and the museum
- The repaving of the visitors parking lot
- Making any modifications necessary to ensure that the restrooms meet with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards
- Replacement of glass and metal in the museum's atrium
- Installation of audiovisual equipment to the museum's theater
- Replacement of exterior doors
- Construction of a canopy for both the entrance and sidewalk
- Provision of direct access to museum from Highway 31W
- Preparation of artifacts for new exhibits
- Installation of more efficient artifacts storage system
- Training related to new ROTC Hall of Fame and Fort Knox history exhibits
The museum is located at Fort Knox.
Copyright 2017 by WDRB News. All rights reserved.