LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) – Eight Louisville-area startup companies will compete for a $100,000 investment later today from a fund led by AOL founder Steve Case.
Case’s “Rise of the Rest” tour is swinging through the River City as part of a five-city bus tour focused on celebrating entrepreneurship outside of the coastal hubs of New York, Silicon Valley and Boston.
Rise of the Rest also stopped in Dallas, Texas; Memphis and Chattanooga, Tenn.; and Birmingham, Alabama earlier this week.
The Louisville tour will culminate in a pitch competition this evening at the Speed Art Museum, in which the winning company will receive $100,000 from Revolution LLC, the investment fund chaired by Case.
The “startup crawl” bus tour started at Angel’s Envy’s downtown distillery this morning and was scheduled to stop at Maker13 in Jeffersonville; El Toro; Flying Axes; Edj Analytics; 1804ec, an entrepreneurship support organization in Nulu; and Love City with Google Fiber in Portland.
Here the eight companies that will compete for the $100,000 investment beginning at 5:30 pm at the Speed Art Museum. The event is free and open to the public with advance registration here.
These descriptions were provided by Revolution:
- Inscope Medical Solutions| Pitching: Maggie Galloway, CEO | About: Inscope Medical Solutions is launching a revolutionary intubation device.
- TackHunter LLC | Pitching: Phillip Robertson, Founder| About: TackHunter is a marketplace for the equestrian community to buy, sell, and share its style.
- Healthcare Asset Network (Handle) | Pitching: Kyle Green, Founder & CEO | About: Professionalizing a fragmented, low integrity segment of healthcare by building a trusted exchange platform for supplies and equipment.
- Schedule It | Pitching: Rebecca Wheeling, CEO | About: Schedule It provides automated mapping, routing, scheduling, and file documentation to help insurance adjusters close claims faster.
- FreshFry LLC | Pitching: Jeremiah Chapman, Founder & CEO | About: FreshFry is a patent pending technology that will revolutionize the frying oil industry for commercial kitchens.
- Toggle Health | Pitching: Jake Miller, Co-Founder & CEO | About: ToggleHealth is releasing a sterile wireless controller for operating room scenarios with a recurring revenue model.
- MailHaven Inc. | Pitching: Kela Ivonye, Co-Founder & CEO | About: MailHaven is a physical storage device for home mail and packages, as well as a monthly subscription service for protection/maintenance.
- 1109 Bravo dba Neuropak (Neuropak) | Pitching: Chris Tedesco, Founder & CEO | About: Neuropak is a wearable device to enhance physical performance.
Copyright 2018 WDRB Media. All Rights Reserved.