BALTIMORE, Md. (WDRB) -- Justify has won the 143rd running of the Preakness Stakes at Baltimore's Pimlico Race Course, earning the second jewel in the Triple Crown and Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert's seventh Preakness victory.
The 144th Kentucky Derby winner was the favorite going into Saturday's race, after winning all four of his career races, including the Derby.
Justify made history at Churchill Downs as the ninth unbeaten winner of the Derby and the first to win it as an unraced 2-year-old since 1882.
The colt will now go for the third jewel in the Triple Crown at the 150th Belmont Stakes, which will be run on June 9 at Belmont Park in Elmont, New York.
WDRB's Eric Crawford and John Lewis are in Baltimore, and will have a full report online and on WDRB News at 10 p.m.
The Preakness brought in 134,487 attendees, which officials say is the 3rd largest crowd in Preakness history.
Here are the payouts:
7. Win: Justify (2/5) $2.80 $2.80 $2.60
8. Place: Bravazo (15-1) $7.60 $4.80
6. Show: Tenfold (25-1) $6.80
- CRAWFORD | Preakness foes Lukas, Baffert enjoy historic friendship
- CRAWFORD | Pimlico rain can't dampen Baffert's excitement for Justify
- CRAWFORD | Baffert says Justify 'still on go' after gallop at Churchill
- CRAWFORD | Report: Derby runner-up Good Magic a go for the Preakness
- CRAWFORD | Justify to encounter new cast of challengers in the Preakness
Copyright 2018 WDRB Media. All rights reserved.