LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The tax season officially started on Monday, Jan. 28, and Louisville leaders are offering free help to some residents.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program provides IRS-certified volunteers to offer free tax services at 17 sites across the city. The service is available to people or families who made less than $64,000 last year.
The VITA campaign and Louisville AARP sites processed more than 14,000 returns in 2018.
"Tax preparation services make a really significant difference in the lives of low- to moderate-income members of our community," said Brittany Sims, a spokeswoman for the program. "VITA is a resource that helps families build financial stability by allowing them to keep 100 percent of their tax refund in their pocket."
To schedule an appointment, call (502) 305-0005, or CLICK HERE.
The VITA free tax preparation sites are located at:
- Americana Community Center, 4801 Southside Dr.
- Bates Community Development, 1228 Jackson St.
- Louisville Urban League, 1535 W. Broadway
- Portland Promise Center, 1831 Baird St.
- Salt and Light Community Development, 3025 Gerald Dr.
- Sun Valley Community Center, 6505 Bethany Lane
- United Crescent Hill Ministries, 150 State St.
- Wesley House Community Services, 5114 Preston Hwy.
For a complete list of VITA locations, including mobile sites, as well as hours of operation, CLICK HERE, or call Metro United Way’s 211 help referral service.
Copyright 2019 by WDRB Media. All rights reserved.