LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A Louisville man admits to taking nearly $1 million from an armored truck last December.
Mark Espinosa, who was arrested and charged with theft, bank robbery and money laundering in January, pleaded guilty in federal court on Tuesday.
Federal authorities say Espinosa took nearly $900,000 from an armored truck at the Jefferson Mall. He then took off to Connecticut where he spent $21,000 on a new car and deposited another $3,300 in a bank account.
The FBI eventually caught up with him in late January and arrested him. His sentencing is scheduled for December.
- Missing armored car driver Mark Espinosa arrested by FBI in Connecticut
- Man accused of stealing $900,000 from armored truck in Louisville indicted by federal grand jury
- UPDATE: Police say armored car thief captured after giving DMV forged documents
- Feds believe missing armored truck driver stole the money and is on the run
- MISSING: LMPD says Louisville driver of armored truck has vanished
Copyright 2019 WDRB Media. All Rights Reserved.