LOUISVILLE, Ky (WDRB) -- St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner and a hearty stew is must-have on a cool, spring night.
Janine Washle from CloverFields Farm & Kitchen shared this recipe for Guinness Beef Stew.
Guinness Beef Stew
|3 TB||vegetable oil|
|2 lb||beef chuck, cubed|
|2 cups||baby carrots|
|1 cup||chopped celery|
|1 tsp||minced garlic|
|3 cups||chopped potatoes|
|4 cups||beef or mushroom broth|
|12 oz||Guinness beer|
|1 tsp||dried thyme|
|3 TB||all purpose flour|
|to taste||salt and pepper|
- In Instant Pot insert set at medium heat, heat vegetable oil. Season beef with salt and pepper, then add to pot and cook on all sides until seared, about 10 minutes.
- Add onion, carrots, and celery, garlic, potatoes, broth, beer, and thyme. Put lid on pot, and seal.
- Set Manual High Pressure to 25 minutes.
- After time has elapsed, wait 10-15 minutes then either perform a Quick Release according to manufacturer's guidelines, or continue waiting until pressure is naturally released, 20-25 minutes longer.
- After removing lid, measure out 1/2 cup of cooking liquid into a medium bowl. Whisk flour into liquid, transfer slurry back into pot and stir to combine.
- Set pot to Saute, and simmer 5 minutes until liquid thickens.
- Check seasonings, adjust if necessary.
- Serve hot. Can be served in bread bowls if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container.
FREE RECIPES BY EMAIL!
To ask for a complimentary copy, just email Janine Washle at email@example.com
Janine Washle's CloverFields Farm & Kitchen
Hardin Springs Area
Big Clifty, KY 42712
To get a copy of the recipes featured on WDRB in the Morning, just email Janine Washle at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Janine Washle:
CloverFields Farm & Kitchen is primarily an on-line destination. They are not open to drop-in visitors as it is a private residence.
"Authentically from Farm to Table"
CloverFields Kitchen researches and reinterprets many traditional recipes using local produce, much from their own gardens, and adding a global perspective.
Copyright 2020 WDRB Media. All Rights Reserved.