LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- One of two people accused in the stabbing death of a man outside of the Louisville restaurant he worked at pleads guilty.
Timothy Singer pleaded guilty to murder and tampering with evidence Monday morning and will spend 20 years behind bars.
Amanda Needy is also charged in the case. After Singer pleaded guilty, she requested that her trial be delayed. It is now set to begin next month.
In 2017, Nicholas Morris was found stabbed to death outside Ciao Ristorante, where he was a cook.
Police say Morris was the father of Needy's child, and Singer was her roommate at the time.
Morris and Needy were reportedly in the middle of a bitter custody battle when he was murdered.
- Start of trial delayed for pair accused in stabbing death of Irish Hill restaurant cook
- Suspect arrested in connection with murder of man outside Ciao restaurant
- Police arrest woman for murder of her child's father outside Irish Hill restaurant
- Restaurant raising money for family of murdered employee
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies man killed after being stabbed in Irish Hill neighborhood
Copyright 2019 WDRB Media. All Rights Reserved.