Shunka Campbell

Shunka Campbell  (Source: Louisville Metro Corrections)

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Police say a student was arrested after he was found walking toward a Louisville school with a loaded handgun and 50 rounds of ammo, days after he'd threatened someone at the school.

According to arrest reports, 18-year-old Shunka Campbell was seen in a hallway in Valley High School watching a "machine gun video" on his phone Friday morning. 

At some point, someone approached him and told him that the video was "inappropriate" in a school setting.

Police say Campbell responded by telling her that she needed to be more concerned about the gun he currently had in his backpack, rather than the one he was watching in the video.

His actions placed the school on heightened alert due to a "possible shooter threat."

Police say no weapon was found, but as a result of the threat, Campbell was suspended for five days.

JCPS released a statement Thursday in response to the arrest:

On Wednesday afternoon, police say Campbell was seen by the school resource officer walking toward the school. When stopped, police say he had a loaded revolver in his front pocket and a full, 50-round box of ammunition in his left front pocket.

Campbell was arrested and charged with carrying a concealed deadly weapon without a permit. The next day, another charge was added of second-degree terroristic threatening.

No one answered the door at the home listed on Campbell's arrest citation.

WDRB News also called the two phone numbers listed on the police report. In the first phone call, a man answered and stated he was Mr. Campbell, but he would not answer any further questions about his relation to Shunka Campbell or the arrest. Before hanging up, the man repeatedly said, "I know nothing about it."

In the second phone call, a woman answered but would not state her name or her connection to Shunka Campbell. When WDRB News asked about the arrest, she hung up.

During Shunka Campbell's arraignment Thursday, he looked confused while the judge read the police report out loud. The judge increased his bond from $30,000 to $50,000 full cash, calling Shunka Campbell a danger. Bond for both charges totaled $75,000. Shunka Campbell told the judge he would pay it himself, but as of Thursday evening, he was still locked up at Louisville Metro Corrections.

A not guilty plea was entered on his behalf Thursday.

Copyright 2019 WDRB Media. All Rights Reserved.