LOUISVILLE, Ky (WDRB) -- This simple rustic Italian beef stew recipe is loaded with vegetables like tomatoes, carrots and mushrooms.
Kroger Chef Paul Dowell shared this recipe that's sure to be crowd pleaser.
|¼ cup||Kroger All-Purpose Flour|
|½ tsp.||Simple Truth Garlic Powder|
|½ tsp.||Kroger Coarse Ground Black Pepper|
|1 tsp.||Simple Truth Onion Powder|
|1 tsp.||Kosher Salt|
|2 ½-3 lb.||Beef Chuck Roast (trimmed & cut in about 2" cubes)|
|2 Tbl.||Simple Truth Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1-1 ½ lb. bag||Private Selection Petite Fingerling Potatoes|
|4||Shallots (peeled & cut in quarters)|
|1-12 oz. bag||Simple Truth Organic Baby Peeled Rainbow Carrots|
|1-8 oz. pkg.||Kroger Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms|
|2-14.5 oz. cans||Kroger Italian Style Stewed Tomatoes|
|1 cup||Storyteller Red Wine|
|1-14 oz. can||Kroger Fat Free Beef Stock|
|½ tsp.||Simple Truth Organic Italian Seasoning|
|To Taste||Kosher Salt & Kroger Coarse Ground Black Pepper|
|To Taste||Murray's Grated Parmigiano Reggiano|
- Mix together flour, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder & salt in a large Ziploc bag. Add beef, seal bag & toss until beef is well coated.
- Add olive oil to a large sauté pan & high over medium-high heat. Add beef in a single layer & brown all sides. Once well browned, add to your crockpot or InstantPot.
- Add in potatoes, shallots, carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, red wine, beef stock, & Italian seasoning. Stir to blend all ingredients.
- Crock Pot: Place lid on top & set the crockpot too high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- InstantPot: Place lid on top & lock. Set to "Stew" setting (35 minutes) & start.
- Season with salt & pepper. Serve piping hot with fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano & a loaf of our bakeries fresh Italian bread.
Copyright 2020 WDRB Media. All Rights Reserved.