LOUISVILLE, Ky (WDRB) -- Peach season is upon us.
Kroger chef Paul Dowell created this bread pudding recipe to utilize all those fresh peaches.
Flamm Orchard Peach Bread Pudding
Makes 10-12 servings.
|1 quart||Kroger ½ & ½|
|1 tsp.||Vanilla Extract|
|1-16 oz. loaf||Kroger Bakery Italian Bread (torn in large pieces)|
|¼ tsp.||Kroger Apple Pie Spice|
|6||Flamm Orchard Peaches (pitted & sliced)|
|1-9.5 oz. pkg.||Private Selection Praline Pecans|
|1-8.8 oz. pkg.||Murray's Mascarpone Cheese|
**Optional** Also great with a ¼ cup Stonerhammer Bourbon tossed with the peaches.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease 9"X13" baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine ½ & ½, eggs, vanilla & sugar. Mix until well blended.
- Add in the torn bread & sprinkle with spice. Toss gently.
- Follow with peaches & toss. Fold in pecans & pour in to prepared baked dish.
- Drop spoonsful of the mascarpone over the top & poke in with a spoon.
- Bake until piping hot & lightly browned (about 80 minutes).
- Enjoy the very best of Flamm Farm Peaches while they last. We only have a couple weeks to enjoy them! Serve hot out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Copyright 2019 WDRB Media. All Rights Reserved.