LOUISVILLE, Ky (WDRB) -- A Bacon Bouquet is the sweetest (and most savory) way to show somebody that you really care.
Cloverfields Farm & Kitchen's Janine Washle says all you need are a few strips of thick-cut bacon, a few wooden skewers and a little greenery to make this perfectly unforgettable Valentine’s Day gift.
Follow these simple steps to create a beautiful bouquet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll up each slice of bacon so it looks like a bud.
- Stick two toothpicks into each bud at the bottom to hold the roll in place, criss crossing so it can stand up.
- Place on a foil-lined muffin tray and bake for 30 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees
- Cook for 10 more minutes
- Cool, remove toothpicks and then stick a skewer into the bottom of each so it looks like a rose on a stem.
- Stick in a vase full of greenery and deliver to the one you love who will certainly adore you for all eternity.
FREE RECIPES BY EMAIL!
To ask for a complimentary copy of all her Halloween recipes, just email Janine Washle at email@example.com
Janine Washle's CloverFields Farm & Kitchen
Hardin Springs Area
Big Clifty, KY 42712
To get a copy of the recipes featured on WDRB in the Morning, just email Janine Washle at firstname.lastname@example.org
K's Cafe and Catering in Clarkson, Ky:
Janine and her husband David now own K's Cafe and Catering in Clarkson, Kentucky. It serves up diner fare like a country breakfast, fried green tomatoes, catfish, meatloaf and roast beef and potatoes. Stop in and try some of Janine's cooking for yourself. K's is at 102 W. Main in Clarkson, Ky. (270) 242-9904. Connect with K's Cafe on Facebook.
About Janine Washle:
CloverFields Farm & Kitchen is primarily an on-line destination. They are not open to drop-in visitors as it is a private residence. CloverFields Farm & Kitchen researches and reinterprets many traditional recipes using local produce, much from their own gardens, and adding a global perspective. Janine is working on her first cookbook, but she also has a long resume developing recipes for several companies. She has also won several contests and cook-offs with her original recipes.
Copyright 2020 WDRB Media. All Rights Reserved.