As featured on
Officer Martez Hughes was with LMPD for more than 10 years, according to a Facebook post on the Louisville Police Pipes and Drums page.
Officer Martez Hughes, 49, died while off duty Thursday after he went into medical distress while playing tennis at Chickasaw Park.
- Indiana mother arrested after police say 4-year-old girl nearly died from lice infestation
- Missing 24-year-old woman hiking in Red River Gorge found dead
- Suspect in shooting at restaurant near Eastern Parkway charged with attempted murder
- Ford trucks stack up around Louisville amid chip shortage
- Indiana basketball's Mike Woodson talks family, Hoosiers' struggles, Bob Knight, apartment living
- Mother cherishes memory of Louisville woman killed at Derby party: 'I didn't get to say goodbye'
- Man leads southern Indiana police on high-speed chase on I-64
- Michigan man builds 'poop wall’ after dispute with neighbor: Report
- Louisville leaders want LMPD to testify about Derby week decision to barricade west end Kroger
- Canceled clinic underscores Kentucky's slowing vaccination rate