As featured on
Officer Martez Hughes was with LMPD for more than 10 years, according to a Facebook post on the Louisville Police Pipes and Drums page.
Officer Martez Hughes, 49, died while off duty Thursday after he went into medical distress while playing tennis at Chickasaw Park.
- 1 killed in shooting on Crittenden Drive
- Man linked to police raid on Breonna Taylor's apartment killed in Thursday shooting
- 1 dead after being shot by LMPD officer in Portland neighborhood
- UPS increases bonus pay to $300 per week for package handlers during holiday season
- Captain's Quarters to close until March 2021
- A bittersweet Thanksgiving for the Arizona grandmother and teenager who met via an accidental text in 2016
- Kentucky funeral homes divided on new 25-person capacity limit for services
- Woman smacks boyfriend on the head during Disneyland proposal, says she thought he was 'trolling'
- Kentucky's largest church plans in-person worship despite governor's recommendation against it
- Elizabethtown mom arrested after police say 3 of her children tested positive for meth