LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A Louisville man accused of kidnapping a young girl he saw playing on the side of the road pleaded not guilty.
Robby Wildt, 40, was arraigned Monday after being indicted by a grand jury earlier this month. He's accused of kidnapping a 6-year-old girl who was playing near Valley Station Road.
Witnesses followed Wildt, and were able to report part of his license plate to police. When officers found and arrested Wildt, they say he told them he "felt bad for doing what he had done."
The child was unharmed.
Wildt's bond was kept at $1 million. His next court appearance is set for Oct. 4.
- LMPD officers, MetroSafe officials honored after saving kidnapped girl
- AUDIO | LMPD releases 911 call from kidnapping of 6-year-old girl
- Congress honors Louisville officers, dispatchers, neighbors who foiled kidnapping
- Neighbor, advocates speak out after Valley Station attempted kidnapping
- VIDEO | LMPD releases body camera footage after kidnapped 6-year-old girl was found safe
- Louisville man accused of kidnapping young girl
Copyright 2021 WDRB Media. All Rights Reserved.