LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The FBI has ended its search of a Bardstown neighborhood for clues related to the disappearance of Crystal Rogers.
"Several items of interest have been sent to the FBI Laboratory in Quantico, VA," FBI Louisville tweeted. "We are grateful for the outpouring of support we received from the local community, especially the residents of the Woodlawn Springs subdivision."
The FBI went on to thank the Nelson County Sheriff's Office and Kentucky State Police.
The search began in late August and lasted several days, with the FBI saying "multiple items of interest" had been uncovered during the investigation. The FBI declined to elaborate on the nature of the items.
Rogers is presumed dead six years after her car was found along the Bluegrass Parkway with her phone, purse and keys still inside.
Based on information collected over the last year in the federal investigation, the FBI began its investigation in the Woodlawn Springs subdivision in Bardstown on Tuesday, Aug. 24, and had been searching the neighborhood ever since — bringing hope to Rogers' family that the case would be solved.
At times, the search zeroed in on one home's driveway. That home was built by a construction company owned by Brooks Houck, Rogers' boyfriend at the time of her disappearance on July 3, 2015. Houck is the only person who has been named as a suspect in her disappearance, but has never faced any charges. Property records show the home at the focus of the FBI's search was built the same year Rogers went missing.
This story may be updated.
- FBI uncovers multiple items 'potentially relevant' to Crystal Rogers investigation
- Break in the case? Recapping this week's FBI search for Crystal Rogers
- Bardstown community hoping for answers in Crystal Rogers' case
- FBI says it recovered an 'item of interest' in Bardstown search for Crystal Rogers case
- FBI spends 3rd day focused on Bardstown neighborhood in search of Crystal Rogers
- Crystal Rogers' mother says FBI 'enthused' on Day 2 of neighborhood search
- FBI conducts searches in Bardstown connected to Crystal Rogers investigation
- 6 years after her disappearance, FBI says it's in final stages of Crystal Rogers investigation
- TIMELINE | The disappearance and search for Bardstown mother Crystal Rogers
- FBI canvasses Bardstown neighborhood after receiving multiple tips in connection with Crystal Rogers investigation
- Crystal Rogers' daughter talks about life without her mom during the 5 years she's been missing
- 3 years after Crystal Rogers went missing, Brooks Houck speaks to WDRB
Copyright 2021 WDRB Media. All Rights Reserved.